I shall begin by saying today was NOT easy.
Going through the initial client meeting, I thought that I had a good idea of what would be expected of me and what I was meant to do. But once I got into the data, it became a whole new story.
Challenge 1: Making charts just because
This was definitely a challenge. Even though we had done a little bit of preliminary research and spoken as a team to try and get direction, I still found myself just making charts without thinking if it would answer my question. I then realised that I had an idea of a question but not an actual questions so I had to force myself to stop and create a question and a potential answer work flow before going back to the data.
Challenge 2: Calculations
Having decided on a question and how I would answer it, I started making my tables and charts. Then I found that I needed to create some calculated fields that I could use as filters. Some of the calculations really took me on a ride but thankfully there were lots of people in the office who were willing and able to help.
Challenge 3: Keeping on task
The whole point of the project is valuation and although I had decided on a question, I kept doubting if this question was actually on task of the overall project. As of right now, I still don't have an answer to this but I'm going to do some more background research to make sure I'm on the right path.
Fingers crossed it goes well